The panel was very impressed with the focus and depth of the Department, with its ability to integrate theory and applications, and with its international leadership in several important fields.
The teaching/educational programme of the department clearly rests on a very solid pedagogical basis.
- Pietu Pohjalainen defends his PhD thesis on Self-Organizing Software Architectures on December 13th, 2013
- Mikko Pervilä defends his PhD thesis on Data Center Energy Retrofits on December 12th, 2013
- Esther Galbrun defends her PhD thesis on December 4th, 2013 on Methods for Redescription Mining
- Linus Torvalds second best known Finnish scientist
- Blog: On Hammer and Nail
- Doris Entner defends her PhD thesis on November 20th, 2013 on Causal Structure Learning and Effect Identification in Linear Non-Gaussian Models and Beyond
- Computationally Inspired Artwork Exhibited in Exactum
- Intel and Helsinki University established a new mobile security institute
- 1 of 20
11.12.2013 16:30 - 17:30Guest lectureProf. Jon Crowcroft: Innovative Business Cases & The Internet of Things
12.12.2013 12:00 - 16:00MSc Mikko Pervilä:Defence of thesisData Center Energy Retrofits
13.12.2013 10:15 - 11:00HIIT seminarMike Solomon: Non-linear systems in the spacing of musical scores
13.12.2013 12:00 - 16:00MSc Pietu Pohjalainen:Defence of thesisSelf-Organizing Software Architectures
17.12.2013 10:15 - 11:00HIIT seminarPatrick Nicholson: Deterministic Schemes for Membership in the Bitprobe Model