Occupational health care
Health care at the Department of Computer Science
The University of Helsinki provides its staff with preventive occupational health services and general medical care (with contracts 14 hours/ week at least).
The occupational healthcare service for the department is provided by Mehiläinen in the Kumpula campus. The healthcare unit is located on the ground floor in the D wing in Exactum. The unit is open Mon-Wed at 8.00 - 16.00. On Thursdays and Fridays, the doctor sees patients at Mehiläinen Ympyrätalo (in Hakaniemi).
In acute cases you can also use medical services in Mehiläinen Ympyrätalo, Töölö, Kielotie, Leppävaara and Itäkeskus on Monday- Thursday at 16-20 and Friday at 16-18.
You can make an appointment by phone (010 414 0666), through the nurse (extension 51117), or at www.mehilainen.fi.
Mehiläinen in Exactum employs one occupational-healthcare doctor and an occupational-healthcare nurse.
For X-rays, go to Mehiläinen in Forum (central Helsinki, phone 010 414 620).
- User's guide: what is included in occupational health?
- Mehiläinen occupational health units
Please inform your immediate superior (e.g. project manager) about any absences immediately by phone or e-mail.
- For shorter sick leaves of 1-3 days, you do not need a medical certificate from a doctor or nurse. However, fill in a notification of absence for your immediate superior. Return the form to Pauliina Pajunen (office D238) for entering into the absence log.
- The form in doc format
- If your absence lasts 4 days, please present a certificate from a nurse. Go to Mehiläinen or your local healthcare centre for the certificate. You do not need to fill in the notification of absence.
- If your absence last 5 days or more, you will need a medical certificate from a doctor. Then follow the same procedure as with 4 days of absence.
Accidents in the workplace
Please contact Ellen Mustonen (office D237) for more information on compensation and the application form.
Safety in the workplace
The delegate for safety in the workplace in Kumpula is Seija Lemettinen.
University of Helsinki / Safety
Työsuojeluvaltuutetut, A417, PL 55 (A. I. Virtasen aukio 1),
00014 UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
tel. (09) 191 50325, (09) 191 51556 or 050-3508525
Occupational health, safety and well-being in Flamma: