Guide for international Researchers and Visitors:
Memo for hosts / hostesses of foreign visitors
1. Please fill in the form for new employees and visitors: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/37082/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=NewEmployee2012. The form is intended for gathering all the information we need for the administrative tasks when a visitor starts work at the department (such as contracts, user accounts, workstations, keys, equipment).
2. If your visitor only needs access to a wireless network with his or her own laptop, any staff member can create a HUPnet account. For more information, please see http://www.helsinki.fi/helpdesk/ohjeet/kayttoluvat_ja_salasanat/kayttoluvat/hupnet-lupa.html
3. If your visitor will be paid a fee for a guest lecture or travel remuneration, please contact Department Secretary Pirjo Kokkonen (D238) or Päivi Kuuppelomäki/ HIIT (A341). Please tell your European visitors that they will need their IBAN account number and their bank's SWIFT or BIC code, and visitors from outside Europe will also need their bank's SWIFT code. Further, inform your visitors that they need to save all receipts connected with their trip and deliver them to Pirjo Kokkonen or Päivi Kuuppelomäki. They will fill in all the necessary forms (fees for guest lectures, application for tax-at-source card, travel invoice form, agreement with a grant-funded researcher).
The guide Welcome to Helsinki produced by the City of Helsinki is a rich source of information.
- in English: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en
- Sign for a key at the porters' station (you will need identification).
- Conduct your guest to their allocated office and retrieve username from the IT team (Pekka Niklander, office A230) (guest's ID-card needed). Tell your guest about routines at the department, such as how to use the phone and computer, and the routines of the break room. Tell them where they can take their outgoing post, for example, and how the keys function. Present the department and its employees to your guest. Wish your guest welcome!
- If your visitor will be paid a fee for a guest lecture or their travel expenses will be remunerated, please visit Department Secretary Pirjo Kokkonen in D238 or Päivi Kuuppelomäki/HIIT in A341 with your visitor.
- Your guest can have a temporary staff card without photo from Department Secretary.
International Staff Services in Flamma: