Editing Drupal pages
Logging in to the site
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Login to site".
- Log in using your departmental (CS) username and password.
- Now a black bar should appear on the top of the page with your username on it.
- If the top bar doesn't appear, Refresh/Reload the page.
- The address (url) should now begin with "https://". If the address begins with "http://" you cannot edit pages and you need to change the address by typing the missing "s".
- Click "Edit".
- Do the changes in the WYSIWYG editor.
- If you wish the edit the HTML code directly click on the icon "Source".
- Click "Save".
- Remember to make the changes on all language versions of the page.
Creating a page
- In the top left corner click on the grey button and select "Add Content", and select the content type you wish to create.
- Some content types have a keyword selection that enables you to place the content in a particular menu on page, e.g. Studies Page can be placed in a menu on the Studies main page.
Choose the language for the page:
- If the page is in English and no Finnish version will be provided choose "Language neutral". This way the page will be visible on both the English and the Finnish site.
- Otherwise choose the language matching with the content of the page.
- By clicking on the Tranlslate link at the top of the page you can create different language versions.
Removing a page
- Click "Edit".
- On the bottom of the page click "Delete".
Uploading files to the web server
- Click "Add File" on the top bar. You will be shown a list of the folders you have access to.
- Select a suitable folder.
- At the bottom of the page click "File upload" and then "Browse" .
- Select the file to be copied and click "Open".
- Click "Upload".
Adding a picture to a page
- In the edit mode press the icon "Image".
- If you want to insert a picture from somewhere else on the web put the address of the image in the URL field.
If you want to insert the picture from the department's web server press the button "Browse Server". You will be shown a list of the folders you have access to.
- Select the folder where the picture is located.
- Right-click on the file and select "Send to rich text editor".
- You can slightly edit the size of the image if you wish. For a significant resize you should use an image manipulation program.
- Press "Ok".
Adding an attachment to a page
- Write the link text in the editor and select it.
- Click on the icon "Link".
- If you want to insert a file from somewhere else on the web put the address of the file in the URL field.
If you want to insert the file from the department's web server press the button "Browse Server". You will be shown a list of the folders you have access to.
- Select the folder where the attachment is located.
- Right click on the file and select "Send to rich text editor".
- Press Ok.