The panel was very impressed with the focus and depth of the Department, with its ability to integrate theory and applications, and with its international leadership in several important fields.
The teaching/educational programme of the department clearly rests on a very solid pedagogical basis.
- Johannes Wettig defends his PhD thesis on February 9th, 2013 on Probabilistic, Information-Theoretic Models for Etymological Alignment
- Awards at the Department of Computer Science
- Mika Timonen defends his PhD thesis on January 25th, 2013 on Term Weighting in Short Documents for Document Categorization, Keyword Extraction and Query Expansion
- Blog: Busy Year for the Networking and Services and NODES Community
- Blog: CS Christmas party
- Markus Heinonen defends his PhD thesis on December 17th, 2012, on Computational methods for small molecules
- New professor Asokan started on 18th September 2012
- IDA Frontier Prize awarded to Discovery research group