The panel was very impressed with the focus and depth of the Department, with its ability to integrate theory and applications, and with its international leadership in several important fields.
The teaching/educational programme of the department clearly rests on a very solid pedagogical basis.
- Janne H. Korhonen defends his PhD thesis on Graph and Hypergraph Decompositions for Exact Algorithms on January 16th, 2014
- Blog: NODES/KOPS Glögi 2013
- ICRI-SC research featured in MIT Technology Review
- Timo Honkela new professor for digital information
- Blog: Greetings from Karelia: Collaboration with Petrozavodsk University
- Pietu Pohjalainen defends his PhD thesis on Self-Organizing Software Architectures on December 13th, 2013
- Mikko Pervilä defends his PhD thesis on Data Center Energy Retrofits on December 12th, 2013
- Linus Torvalds second best known Finnish scientist
03.09.2014 13:15 - 14:00Guest lectureKristoffer Sahlin: Scaffolding and read pair distributions
04.09.2014 12:15 - 15:45SeminarSeminar on summer work projects August 21 and September 4 2014
08.09.2014 16:15 - 17:15Guest lectureWojciech Szpankowski: Emerging Frontiers of Science of Information