The panel was very impressed with the focus and depth of the Department, with its ability to integrate theory and applications, and with its international leadership in several important fields.
The teaching/educational programme of the department clearly rests on a very solid pedagogical basis.
- Samu Varjonen defends his PhD thesis on November 14th, 2012, on Secure Connectivity With Persistent Identities
- Blog: NODES Seminar and Two Best Paper Awards
- A student of the dep. teaches programming in Tanzania
- "Predictive text errors inspire AI comedians." New Scientist magazine covers research on computational humor
- Haptic Interaction Research by University of Helsinki featured in Technology Review and Engadget!
- Article in Cloud Magazine features the Cloud Software Factory
- New course: Selected Topics in Mobile Security
- Blog: International Coffee Break