Open position: Graphical Desinger
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT conducts basic and strategic research on information technology. It is a joint research institute of the Aalto University and the University of Helsinki. HIIT is a leading IT institute with research ranging from fundamental methods and technologies to novel applications and their impact on other sciences, people and society. HIIT's key competences are in analysis of large sets of data, probabilistic modeling of complex phenomena, Internet architecture and technologies, mobile and human-centric computing, and user-created media.
The Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT) is looking for a skilled
to work on interesting research projects.
The successful candidate will engage in research and development projects related to following:
1. Ongoing European projects involving designing of new human computer interaction techniques
2. Designing different data visualizing techniques
3. Designing persuasive mobile applications
Master level student who are specializing in user centric interface design, have experience in interaction design as graphics and have a strong interest in technology are encouraged to apply. You should have basic skills in user centric designing and strong enthusiasm for creative modeling of new design solutions.
We expect the student to be competent and knowledgeable about following:
1. Advanced design skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
2. Excellent creative skills for communicating with visual metaphors and for communicating exciting concepts and consumer usages (sketching scenarios and storyboarding)
3. Be excited about emerging technologies as well as usability in order to support highly complex software solutions, while helping make our products easy and intuitive for a wide range of consumers
4. Ability to deliver organized user interface wireframes and motion designs
5. Strong design aesthetic/understanding
7. Ability to do and learn more about UI implementation with high level languages
8. A passion for great design work
What we can offer?
We offer you an opportunity to work on interesting projects which helps you to broaden knowledge in Human Computer Interaction techniques and designs. We are a team of young enthusiastic researchers providing you an excellent multicultural environment to blend in. You will also get an opportunity to experience European and other large projects.
Duration of the work & the salary
The salary will be based on level 6-7 of the demands level chart for other personnel in the salary system of Finnish universities. In addition, the appointee will be paid a salary component based on personal work performance. The length of the contract is negotiable (max 24 months).
Applying for the position
To apply, send your motivation letter, CV, study transcript and possible portfolio to rekry.interactive(at)cs.helsinki.fi. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found.
Prof. Giulio Jacucci, +358 (09) 191 51153, uix-info(at)hiit.fi
PhD student Kumaripaba Athukorala, kumaripaba.athukorala(at)hiit.fi
Project researcher Laura Haverinen, laura.haverinen(at)cs.helsinki.fi