- What are master's degree programmes?
- Where will the programmes take you?
- MSc in Algorithms and Machine Learning
- MSc in Networking and Services
- MSc in Bioinformatics (MBI)
Accepted MSc students (Algo and NeSe)
Master's Degree Programme on Algorithms and Machine Learning
In this programme you are educated in computationally efficient algorithmic techniques needed in processing large volumes of data and learning from it. The topics of study include
- machine learning
- data mining
- probabilistic models
- information-theoretic modelling
- unsupervised learning
- string algorithms
- approximation algorithms
More information on studies in this sub-programme in Computer Science can be found at the study web page of the programme.
Our research is at the highest international level, indicated e.g. by our Centre of Excellence on Algorithmic Data Analysis (Algodan). The Faculty includes Aapo Hyvärinen, Jyrki Kivinen, Veli Mäkinen, Petri Myllymäki, Juho Rousu, Hannu Toivonen, and Esko Ukkonen, known for their seminal work on string algorithms, data mining, independent component analysis, and machine learning.
Applying to master's degree programmes
- How to apply to the University of Helsinki?
- On-line application service for Master's Degree Programmes at UH
- Faculty guidelines about admission and studies
- Computer Science specific application guidelines
- How to get in?
- Applicants with degree from AMK