Personal study plan (HOPS)
A personal study plan is a compulsory part of both the Bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Science. The abbreviation HOPS, that comes from the Finnish term Henkilökohtainen OPintoSuunnitelma, is commonly used as a synonym for the personal study plan.
Personal study plan and participation in teacher tutoring at the Bachelor's level (LuK-HOPS)
- 2 credits (included to the module of Other studies in the Bachelor's degree).
- This course is compulsory for every major-subject student. Participation in teacher tutoring starts at the beginning of the first year and lasts throughout the Bachelor's programme.
An e-mail address to the person in charge of LuK-HOPS-vastuuhenkilö is firstname.lastname@example.org.
LuK-HOPS consists of three parts:
- Individual meetings with one's teacher tutor once a term.
- Attending group meetings and current expert lectures etc.
The web page of the LuK-HOPS course (in Finnish)
Personal study plan at the Master's level (FM-HOPS)
- 1 credit (included to the module of Other studies in the Master's degree).
- This course is compulsory for every major-subject student. Every Master's degree student makes a personal study plan under the tutorage of a tutor at the beginning of the Master's programme and update the plan throughout the programme.
- At the Master's level the HOPS is made for the chosen sub-programme. The HOPS is made under the tutorage of a teacher tutor from that sub-programme. You must contact the main teacher tutor of your sub-programme personally or by email immediately at the beginning of your studies.
The web page of the FM-HOPS course (in Finnish).
HUOM 2! Jos suoritat laitoksella vain FM-tutkinnon (et ole suorittanut laitoksella LuK-tutkintoa), sinun tulee suorittaa FM-HOPSin lisäksi kurssi "Orientation to MSc Studies". Siihen ilmoittaudutaan ILMOn kautta ja se on aikataulutettu syyslukukauden alkuun