In the case it takes too long for you to finish your PhD studies, the Faculty of Science may also require you to update your plan, or otherwise you will not be able to register for the next term. Please see the faculty page on Register monitoring of postgraduate studies. To get the registration block removed, do the following:
- Fill in the form for updating your study plan (available on the Faculty page).
- Update your research plan and discuss it with your supervisor (see model research plan under How to apply).
- State clearly in the research plan for how long would you like to have your study right extended (max 3 years).
- Sign yourself the study plan.
- Have your supervisor sign both plans.
- Return both plans to the PhD committee (via the Research Coordinator), both on paper and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms are also available here, if you cannot access the university intranet.
Your application will be either accepted, rejected or returned for further improvements by the PhD committee.