Version 1.9, 2001-02-13
- Fixed compilation problems for 2.2 and SMP kernels.
[Caused by the kernel not passing "-nostdinc" to gcc, and
RedHat 7.0 including 2.4.0 kernel headers in /usr/include/.]
- Corrected VIA Cyrix III support. The "VIA Cyrix III" product
has apparently used two distinct CPUs. Initial CPUs were a
Cyrix design (Joshua) while current CPUs apparently are a
Centaur design (Samuel). Added support for "Samuel" CPUs.
[NOTE: This could use some testing on real HW. Any volunteers?]
- Two corrections in the K7 perfctr event list.
- Small tweaks to vperfctr interrupt handling.
- Added preliminary interrupt-mode support for AMD K7.
Future changes on the perfctr-1.x branch will be limited to bug
fixes and updated glue patches for new 2.2 kernels. New features
and hardware support will be implemented in the perfctr-2.x branch,
but it will only support 2.4/2.5 kernels. (Sorry, but maintaining
compatibility with 2.2 kernels is taking too much of my time.)
/ Mikael Pettersson
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/