> # grep queue_nr_requests /usr/src/packed/k/2.4.17-rmap-11c
Andrew did supply a patch for Riel but he did not accept all of it?
Lets see again. Do I understand you correctly:
rmap 11c fixes the problem #1 but not 11b? are all later
- oom_kill race locking fix (Andres Salomon)
- elevator improvement (Andrew Morton)
- dirty buffer writeout speedup (hopefully ;)) (me)
- small documentation updates (me)
- page_launder() never does synchronous IO, kswapd
and the processes calling it sleep on higher level (me)
- deadlock fix in touch_page() (me)
Lets see, not oom condition, no dirty buffers (read "only"),
not documentation, page_launder (no dirty...), not deadlock.
Remaining is the elevator... And that can really be it!
(read ahead related too...)
and 2.4.18-pre2 (or later) does not fix it?
- Fix elevator insertion point on failed
request merge (Jens Axboe)
-- Roger Larsson Skellefteċ Sweden - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to email@example.com More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/