- Introduces a new 'agp_register_driver' function, which is used
to seperate the chipset drivers completely from the backend.
- chipset drivers become modules in their own right.
This seems to work when everything is compiled in. Built as modules
is untested yet, but it means right now you have to insmod via-agp.o
or whatever chipset vendor you need before starting X.
agp_try_supported() is now a param to the chipset modules, not the
- i8x0.c & i810.c have become intel-agp.c
CONFIG_AGP_I810 is currently broken, I'll fix this up soon.
- agp.c becomes backend.c
- split out generic routines into generic.c
- version number bump to 1.0
This is a pretty major change IMO, and it's been stuck at 0.99 forever.
- Cast fixes (Alan)
- x86-64 fixes (Andi)
- Add recognition for several new devices.
- list myself as maintainer of 1.0+
Jeff Hartmann hasn't done any considerable work on agpgart since `99
to my knowledge. Attempts to contact him in the past have failed.
You can get this from bk://linux-dj.bkbits.net/agpgart or for the
bk-challenged, you can get the gnu diff at ..
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/