Patrik Floréen, PhD
- Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki
- Mailing address: P. O. Box 68, FI-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
- Street address: Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2B, 00560 Helsinki
- Office: A316
- Phone (UH): +358 9 191 51183
- Phone (Aalto): +358 50 301 6409
- Mobile (Private): +358 40 570 0444
- Fax (UH): +358 9 191 51120
- Email: Patrik.Floreen(at)cs.helsinki.fi
- Workshop on Pervasive Technologies in Retail Environments at Ubicomp 2013, 8.9.2013
- 8th International Conference on Pervasive Computing (Pervasive), 17-20.5.2010.
- 2nd IMUx workshop at Pervasive 2008 in Sydney, 19.5.2008.
- IMUx workshop at Pervasive 2007 in Toronto, 13.5.2007.
- Workshop on Context Awareness for Proactive Systems (CAPS 2005), 16-17 June 2005.
- Data Structures and Algorithms, Spring term of 2013.
- Supervisor of MSc and BSc theses.
- Data Structures, Spring term of 2012.
- Seminar: Recommender Systems, autumn 2011.
- Networks, Crowds and Markets, spring 2011.
- Johdatus tietojenkäsittelytieteeseen, autumn 2010
- Laskennan mallit, autumn 2010 (while Prof. Kivinen was out of office in November)
- HOPS tutoring, foreign MSc students starting 2010.
- Data Structures, spring 2009. Home page in Finnish is here.
- Adaptive Computing Research Seminar, 6.9.2006-3.5.2007, Every other Wed 14-16, C220 (autumn 2006), B119 (spring 2007).
- HOPS tutoring, group starting 2006.
- Context-aware computing, 6.9.-9.12.2005; see course page.
For contacting me, please use email.
Co-leader of the Adaptive Computing research group at HIIT.
Short CV: Patrik Floréen obtained his PhD in Computer Science from University of Helsinki in 1992. His research interests are context-aware computing and distributed algorithms. He has authored more than 60 scientific publications. Dr. Floréen has been the scientist in charge for several research projects funded by the Academy of Finland, Tekes, industry and the EU. He has a permanent position as University Lecturer in Computer Science at University of Helsinki since 2003 and is Docent at the same department since 1995. He leads the Adaptive Computing research group founded in 2003, lately together with Dr. Petteri Nurmi. He is member of the Joint Pervasive-UbiComp Steering Committee, the deciding body for the Pervasive and Ubicomp conferences, the premier conferences in the area of ubiquitous computing. Floréen was Director of Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT in 2009-10 and Interim Helsinki Node Director for EIT ICT Labs in 2010 and is now Vice-Director of HIIT until 2015. In addition to working at University of Helsinki and Helsinki University of Technology since 1986, he has been postdoctoral researcher at Utrecht University 1993-94, Secretary General for the Research Council for Natural Sciences and Engineering at the Academy of Finland 1995–97 and Scientific Officer at the European Commission in Brussels 1997-2001.
Past Teaching since 2005