Street address: Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b, Exactum building, Room B229b
Mail address: Department of Computer Science, P.O. Box 68, FI-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Tel. +358 9 19151184, fax +358 9 19151120, Mobile +358 50 9112405, Skype hannu.tt.toivonen
Hannu (T.T.) Toivonen
PhD, Professor of Computer Science, University of Helsinki
- Vice Director, Algorithmic Data Analysis (Algodan) Centre of Excellence
- Leader, Discovery Research Group
- Member, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
Current scientific activities
- Associate Editor,
- Editorial Board Member,
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Editorial Board Member,
Current Programme Committee memberships:
ICDM 14 (Program Committee Chair), ICDM 13 (Vice Chair), ECMLPKDD 13 (Area Chair), AAAI 13 (Senior member), SIGKDD 13 (Senior Member), IDA 13 (PC Chair Advisor), IJCAI 13, BigData 13, ACL 13, ICCC 13, ECAI 12 (Area Chair), SDM 12 (Senior Member), ICDE 12, CIKM 12, ASONAM 12, IRF 12
- "Let Everything Turn Well in Your Wife": Generation of Adult Humor Using Lexical Constraints. Alessandro Valitutti et al. ACL 2013, accepted.
- Automatical Composition of Lyrical Songs. ICCC 2013.
- Harnessing Constraint Programming for Poetry Composition. ICCC 2013.
- Effective Pruning for the Discovery of Conditional Functional Dependencies, The Computer Journal 2013.
- Contrasting Subgroup Discovery, The Computer Journal 2013.
- On Creative Uses of Word Associations, SMPS 2012, invited paper.
- Decomposition and Distribution of Humorous Effect in Interactive Systems, AAAI Fall Symposium 2012.
- Sleep Musicalization: Automatic Music Composition from Sleep Measurements, IDA 2012. Winner of the Frontier Prize. See sleepmusicalization.net.
- Lexical Creativity from Word Associations, KICSS 2012.
- Unobtrusive Online Monitoring of Sleep at Home, IEEE EMBS 2012.
- Privacy Preservation by k-Anonymization of Weighted Social Networks, IEEE/ACM ASONAM 2012.
- Biomine: Predicting links between biological entities using network models of heterogeneous database, BMC Bioinformatics 2012.
- Corpus-Based Generation of Content and Form in Poetry, ICCC 2012.
- Patterns and Logic for Reasoning with Networks, In Bisociative Knowledge Discovery, 2012.
- A Model for Mining Relevant and Non-redundant Information, ACM SAC 2012.
- SegMine workflows for semantic microarray data analysis in Orange4WS, BMC Bioinformatics 2011.
- Compression of weighted graphs, ACM SIGKDD 2011.
13000 citations, h-index 38 according to Google Scholar (Dec 2012). Many articles and misc. citation statistics are available from Google Scholar, ResearcherID (Thomson Reuters), and Scopus (Elsevier).