- What are master's degree programmes?
- Where will the programmes take you?
- Algorithmic Bioinformatics
- Algorithms, Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Networking and Services
Accepted MSc students
Algorithms, Data Analytics and Machine Learning
In this subprogramme of MSc degree in Computer Science you are educated in computationally efficient algorithmic techniques needed in processing large volumes of data and learning from it. The topics of study include
- machine learning
- data mining
- probabilistic models
- information-theoretic modelling
- unsupervised learning
- string algorithms
- approximation algorithms
More information on studies in this sub-programme can be found at the study web page of the programme.
Our research is at the highest international level, indicated e.g. by our Centre of Excellence on Algorithmic Data Analysis (Algodan). The Faculty includes Aapo Hyvärinen, Jyrki Kivinen, Veli Mäkinen, Petri Myllymäki, Juho Rousu, Hannu Toivonen, and Esko Ukkonen, known for their seminal work on string algorithms, data mining, independent component analysis, and machine learning.
Applying to master's degree programmes
- How to apply to the University of Helsinki?
- Application procedure at UH
- Faculty guidelines about admission and studies
- Computer Science specific application guidelines
- How to get in?
- Applicants with degree from AMK
- Preliminary assignment 2016