In the case it takes too long for you to finish your PhD studies, the Faculty of Science may also require you to update your study and research plan, or otherwise, you will not be able to register for the next term/academic year. For more details, please, see the faculty page on Register monitoring of postgraduate studies.
To get the registration block removed, do the following:
- Fill in the form for updating your study plan (available on the forms page of the Faculty at http://www.helsinki.fi/ml/lomakkeet/Jatko-opintosuunnitelma.pdf).
- Update your research plan and discuss it with your supervisor (see model research plan under How to apply).
- State clearly in the research plan for how long would you like to have your study right extended (maximum 3 years).
- Sign yourself the study plan.
- Have your supervisor sign both the plans.
- Return both plans to the DoCS steering committee (via the DoCS coordinator), both on paper and by e-mail to email@example.com.
Your application will be either accepted, rejected or returned for further improvements by the DoCS steering committee.