Towards the Semantic Web and Web Services
- XML Finland 2002 Conference Materials
The conference Towards the Semantic Web and Web Services was organized in October 21-22, 2002 in Helsinki by the XML Finland Association and others, and was supported by several patrons, such as OntoWeb. The goal of the event was to stimulate interest in the synergy between the Semantic Web and Web Services.
Research and application papers have been published as a book freely available in PDF format (4.1M):
E. Hyvönen and M. Klemettinen (editors): Towards the Semantic Web and Web Services - Proceedings of the XML Finland 2002 Conference , HIIT Publications, 2002-03, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT), Helsinki, Finland, 147 pp.
The printed version and other HIIT publications are available from here.
The slide collection distributed at the conference is freely available in PDF format:
E. Hyvönen and M. Klemettinen (editors): Towards the Semantic Web and Web Services - XML Finland 2002 Slide Presentations , XML Finland Association, 2002, 112 pp.
Additional presentation slide sets:
- Jens Andersen: Architecturing Component Based Systems with XML Technologies and Standards .
- Kimmo Bergius: Microsoft .NET and Web Services .
- Martin Bryan: Diffuse: Tracking Standards Development for the Information Society (updated version) .
- Dieter Fensel: Intelligent Web Services.
- Heimo Laamanen: FIPA -- Agents Meet the Semantic Web.
- Ora Lassila: Towards the Semantic Web.
Last updated 8.11.2002, at 09:48