- Ph.D., lecturer
- Contact address
Department of Computer Science
P.O.Box 68 (Gustav Hällström street 2 b)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
- Office: +358-9-19151373
- Mobile: +358-40-5903915
- Office hours for students:
Contact first by email or try after lectures, room D227.
Teaching I have done in the past
- Advanced Computer Security, fall 2010.
- Introduction to Computer Security, spring 2010
- Complexity of Computation, spring 2007 and 2008
- Network Security, spring 2006
- Computer Security, fall 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Models for Programming and Computing, fall 2005
- Specification and Verification Topics, spring 2005
- Advanced course on Theoretical Computer Security, fall 2004.
- Introduction to the Specification and Verification, spring 2004, fall 2009
- Network Security, spring 2004
- Data Structures, fall 2002
- Introduction to Programming (Java), spring 2001
- Java Programming, spring 2001
- Theory of Distributed Algorithms, Seminar, fall 2000-spring 2001
Master's thesesI am supervising thesis writers on specification and verification and on computer security and cryptography. Many thesis have already been written on computer security. An especially popular topic has been intrusion detection systems.
- Specification and verification of distributed systems
- Computer security
Other Scientific Interests
- Algorithmic algebra
- Impossibility results in computer science.
- Cohomology of groups
- IBE Extension for HIP , Amir K.C., H.Forsgren, K. Grahn, T. Karvi, G. Pulkkis, WOSIS 2013, 10th International Workshop on Security in Information Systems, Angers, France.
- Security and Trust of Public Key Cryptography for HIP and HIP Multicast, Amir, K.C., H. Forsgren, K. Grahn , T. Karvi, G. Pulkkis, International Journal of Dependable and Trustworthy Information Systems, Vol. 2, Issue 3, 2013.
- Security and Trust of Public Key Cryptography Options for HIP, H.Forsgren, K.Grahn, T.Karvi, G.Pulkkis, The Third IEEE International Symposium on Trust, Security and Privacy for Emerging Applications (TSP-10), June 29-July 1, 2010 in Bradford, UK.
- IBE Based Group Key Agreement Protocols, (short paper section), H.Forsgren, K.Grahn, J.Karlsson, T.Karvi, G.Pulkkis, The 14th Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems, NordSec, 14-16 October, 2009, Oslo, Norway.
- Securing Control Signaling in Mobile IPv6 with Identity-Based Encryption, M.Ehmke, H.Forsgren, K.Grahn, J.Karlsson, T.Karvi, G.Pulkkis, InSite (Informing Science and Information Technology Education Joint Conference, Macon, Georgia, USA, June 12-15, 2009.
- Securing Control Signaling in Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization with Identity-Based Encryption, H.Forsgren, K.Grahn, J.Karlsson, T.Karvi, G.Pulkkis, IEEE EUROCON (Region 8) 2009 Conference, May 18-23, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
- Recent Trends in the Verification of Cryptographic Protocols, H. Forsgren, T. Karvi, J. Rinta-Mänty, Infosec--Lapland, November 2006, (Invited Lecture).
- Stepwise Development of Process-Algebraic Specifications in Decorated Trace Semantics, T. Karvi, M. Tienari and R. Kaivola, Formal Methods in System Design, Vol.26, Issue 3, May 2005.
- Partially Lotos Defined Specifications and their Refinement Relations, Ph.D. thesis, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, A-2000-5. Available in digital form.
- Ryhmien kohomologiaa (in Finnish; the title in English Cohomology of Groups), Licentiate Dissertation, University of Helsinki, Department of Mathematics, 1992.