Academy of Finland Research Fellow
- String algorithms
- Computational biology
- R. Walve, P. Rastas, and L. Salmela: Kermit: Guided long read assembly using coloured overlap graphs. To appear in Proc. WABI 2018.
- K. Mukherjee, D. Washimkar, M.D. Muggli, L. Salmela, and C. Boucher: Error correcting optical mapping data. To appear in GigaScience.
- L. Salmela and A.I. Tomescu: Safely filling gaps with partial solutions common to all solutions. To appear in TCBB.
- R. Walve, L. Salmela, and V. Mäkinen: Variant genotyping with gap filling. PLoS ONE, Volume 12, Issue 9, 2017, e0184608.
- L. Salmela, R. Walve, E. Rivals, and E. Ukkonen: Accurate selfcorrection of errors in long reads using de Bruijn graphs. Bioinformatics, Volume 33, Issue 6, 2017, 799–806. (Also in RECOMB-seq 2016).
- L. Salmela, K. Sahlin, V. Mäkinen, and A.I. Tomescu: Gap filling
as exact path length problem. Journal of Computational Biology, Volume 23, Issue 5, 2016, 347–361.