- String algorithms
- Computational biology
- L. Salmela and A.I. Tomescu: Safely filling gaps with partial solutions common to all solutions. In Proc. WABI '16, Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (ed. M. Frith and C.N.S. Pedersen), Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics 9838, Springer, 2016, xiv, short abstract.
- L. Salmela, R. Walve, E. Rivals, and E. Ukkonen: Accurate selfcorrection of errors in long reads using de Bruijn graphs. To appear in Bioinformatics (Also in RECOMB-seq 2016).
- L. Salmela, K. Sahlin, V. Mäkinen, and A.I. Tomescu: Gap filling
as exact path length problem. Journal of Computational Biology, Volume 23, Issue 5, 2016, 347–361.
- L. Salmela and E. Rivals. LoRDEC: accurate and efficient long
read error correction. Bioinformatics, Volume 30, Issue 24, 2014, 3506–3514.
- V. Ahola, R. Lehtonen, P. Somervuo, et al. The Glanville
fritillary genome retains an ancient karyotype and reveals selective
chromosomal fusions in Lepidoptera. Nature Communications, Volume 5,
Article 4737, 2014.