Academy of Finland Research Fellow
- String algorithms
- Computational biology
- N. Kiirala, L. Salmela, and A.I. Tomescu: Safe and complete algorithms for dynamic programming problems, with an application to RNA folding. To appear in Proc. of CPM 2019.
- R. Walve, P. Rastas, and L. Salmela: Kermit: Linkage map guided long read assembly. To appear in Algorithms for Molecular Biology.
- K. Mukherjee, B. Alipanahi, T. Kahveci, L. Salmela, and C. Boucher: Aligning optical maps to de Bruijn graphs. To appear in Bioinformatics.
- L. Salmela and A.I. Tomescu: Safely filling gaps with partial solutions common to all solutions. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Volume 16, Issue 2, 2019, 617–626.
- K. Mukherjee, D. Washimkar, M.D. Muggli, L. Salmela, and C. Boucher: Error correcting optical mapping data. GigaScience, Volume 7, Issue 6, 2018, giy061.