Academy of Finland Research Fellow
- String algorithms
- Computational biology
- L. Salmela, K. Mukherjee, S.J. Puglisi, and C. Boucher: Fast and accurate correction of optical mapping data via spaced seeds. To appear in Bioinformatics.
- K. Mukherjee, B. Alipanahi, T. Kahveci, L. Salmela, and C. Boucher: Aligning optical maps to de Bruijn graphs. To appear in Bioinformatics.
- N. Kiirala, L. Salmela, and A.I. Tomescu: Safe and complete algorithms for dynamic programming problems, with an application to RNA folding. In Proc. of CPM 2019, Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (ed. N. Pisanti and S.P. Pissis), Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics (LIPIcs) 128, Schloss Dagstuhl-Leibniz-Zentrum fuer Informatik, 2019, 8:1-8:16.
- R. Walve, P. Rastas, and L. Salmela: Kermit: Linkage map guided long read assembly. Algorithms for Molecular Biology, Volume 14, Article 8, 2019.
- L. Salmela and A.I. Tomescu: Safely filling gaps with partial solutions common to all solutions. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Volume 16, Issue 2, 2019, 617–626.