- String algorithms
- Computational biology
- L. Salmela and A.I. Tomescu: Safely filling gaps with partial solutions common to all solutions. Accepted to Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (WABI 2016).
- L. Salmela, R. Walve, E. Rivals, and E. Ukkonen: Accurate selfcorrection of errors in long reads using de Bruijn graphs. To appear in Bioinformatics (Also in RECOMB-seq 2016).
- L. Salmela, K. Sahlin, V. Mäkinen, and A.I. Tomescu: Gap filling
as exact path length problem. Journal of Computational Biology, Volume 23, Issue 5, 2016, 347–361.
- L. Salmela and E. Rivals. LoRDEC: accurate and efficient long
read error correction. Bioinformatics, Volume 30, Issue 24, 2014, 3506–3514.
- V. Ahola, R. Lehtonen, P. Somervuo, et al. The Glanville
fritillary genome retains an ancient karyotype and reveals selective
chromosomal fusions in Lepidoptera. Nature Communications, Volume 5,
Article 4737, 2014.