Current (or coming) activities:
- Personal Study Plan and Participating in Teacher Tutoring (a tutor for international bachelor's degree students)
- a tutor for international master's degree students in the programme of Algorithms and Machine Learning
- an advisor for doctoral students
- Transaction processing
- Scientific writing
- Teacher tutoring
- Coordinator of the Master's degree programmes in Computer Science (2010-2012)
Areas of Interest
- Data Mining, especially
- Web Usage Mining
- Privacy-preserving Data Mining
- Distributed Data Mining
- Interoperability, Service-oriented Computing
- Privacy-preserving Data Integration and Sharing
- Web Services
- Computer Science Education
- M. E. Skarkala, H. Toivonen, P. Moen, M. Maragoudakis, S. Gritzalis, L. Mitrou: Privacy Preservation by k-Anomymization of Weighted Social Networks. In Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2012), 26th - 29th August, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 423-428.
- Y. Shen, M. Miettinen, P. Moen, L. Kutvonen: Privacy Preservation Approach in Service Ecosystems. In Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference Workshops (EDOC 2011), 29th August - 2nd September, 2011, Helsinki, Finland, pp. 283-292.
- P.Moen, S. S. Ruohomaa, L. A. Viljanen, L. Kutvonen: Safeguarding against new privacy threats in inter-enterprise collaboration environments. Report C-2010-56, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, December 2010.
- P. Moen: Concept Maps as a Device for Learning Database Concepts. In Proceedings of the Seventh International Workshop on Teaching, Learning and Assessment of Databases (TLAD'09), 6th July, 2009, Birmingham, UK, pp. 39-48.
- V. Kabilan, P. Johannesson, S. Ruohomaa, P. Moen, A. Herrmann, R.-M. Åhlfeldt, H. Weigand, Introducing the Common Non-Functional Ontology. In Proceedings of the Third Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Software and Applications (I-ESA'07), 28th - 30th March, 2007, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, pp. 633-645.
- P. Moen: Problem-based Learning in Data Mining. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Teaching, Learning and Assessment of Databases (TLAD'06), 18th July, 2006, Belfast, UK, pp. 1-5.
- P. Moen: Attribute, Event Sequence, and Event Type Similarity Notions for Data Mining. Ph.D. Thesis, Report A-2000-1, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, February 2000. [Abstract]. The whole thesis in a [PDF format].
- H. Mannila, P. Moen: Similarity between Event Types in Sequences. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWaK'99), 30th August - 1st September, 1999, Florence, Italy, pp. 271-280.
- P. Ronkainen: Attribute Similarity and Event Sequence Similarity in Data Mining. Ph.Lic. Thesis, Report C-1998-42, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, October 1998.
- G. Das, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen: Similarity of Attributes by External Probes. In Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD'98), 27th - 31st August, 1998, New York, USA, pp. 23-29.
- G. Das, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen: Similarity of Attributes by External Probes. Report C-1997-66, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, October 1997.
- H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen: Similarity of Event Sequences (revised version). In Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Temporal Representation and Reasoning (TIME'97), 10th - 11th May, 1997, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA, pp. 136-139.
- K. Hätönen, M. Klemettinen, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen, H. Toivonen: TASA: Telecommunications Alarm Sequence Analyzer, or How to enjoy faults in your network. In Proceedings of IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium 1996 (NOMS'96), 15th - 19th April, 1996, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 520-529.
- K. Hätönen, M. Klemettinen, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen, H. Toivonen: Rule discovery in alarm databases. Report C-1996-7, University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, March 1996.
- K. Hätönen, M. Klemettinen, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen, H. Toivonen: Knowledge Discovery from Telecommunication Network Alarm Databases. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering 1996 (ICDE'96), 28th February - 1st March, 1996, New Orleans, Lousiana, USA, pp. 115-122.
- H. Toivonen, M. Klemettinen, P. Ronkainen, K. Hätönen, H. Mannila: Pruning and Grouping of Discovered Association Rules. In Workshop Notes of ECML Workshop on Statistics, Machine Learning, and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, 28th - 29th April, 1995, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, pp. 47-52.
- M. Klemettinen, H. Mannila, P. Ronkainen, H. Toivonen, and I. Verkamo: Finding interesting rules from large sets of discovered association rules. In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'94), 29th November - 2nd December, 1994, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, pp. 401- 407.
February 13th, 2013