This year BSNLP is co-located with the the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2013), Sofia, Bulgaria, August 4-9, 2013
History of the BSNLP Workshop
The present BSNLP workshop is a follow-up to successful previous events on processing Balto-Slavic languages:
- (3rd BSNLP) 2011: TSD 2011 (International Conference on Text, Speech and Dialogue) workshop: Balto-Slavonic Natural Language Processing 2011 Workshop (Plzeň, Czech Republic)
- (2nd BSNLP) 2009: IIS 2009 (Intelligent Information Systems) workshop: Balto-Slavonic Natural Language Processing 2009 Workshop (Cracow, Poland)
- (1st BSNLP) 2007: ACL workshop: Balto-Slavonic Natural Language Processing 2007 Workshop (Prague, Czech Republic)
- (IESL) 2003: RANLP Information Extraction for Slavonic and Other Central and Eastern European Languages (Borovets, Bulgaria)
- (MPSL) 2003: EACL workshop: Morphological Processing of Slavic Languages (Budapest, Hungary)
There is no official organization behind BSNLP. The success in having a series of workshops related to processing Balto-Slavic languages has been based on international co-operation and steadily growing interest in the BSNLP theme. Earlier organizers are willingly sharing their experience with the subsequent organizers.
We intend to organize BSNLP workshops on a biennial basis as co-located events to conferences related to NLP.