The Ninth Workshop on Information Theoretic Methods in Science and Engineering (WITMSE) will be held in Helsinki, Finland, on September 19–21, 2016. The workshop will cover hot topics at the intersection of statistics, information theory, machine learning, and their applications. The technical program will include plenary lectures and invited talks.
- December 5, 2016
- Proceedings online!
- September 7, 2016
- Technical programme updated!
- Welcoming reception at Restaurant Suomenlinnan Panimo on September 19, 19.00. We can guarantee that anyone registered at the latest on September 12 can attend!
- August 26, 2016
- Registration is now open!
- August 3, 2016
- Tentative outline of the programme added!
- July 12, 2016
- Wojciech Szpankowski, John Shawe-Taylor and Andrew Barron will be giving plenary talks!
- May 30, 2016
- First confirmed speakers added
- May 4, 2016
- Website up and running!
|Banquet registration deadline||September 12, 2016|
|Workshop dates||September 19–21, 2016|
|Abstract submission deadline||October 12th, 2016|
- Wojciech Szpankowski, Purdue: Analytic Pattern Matching: From DNA to Twitter
- John Shawe-Taylor, University College London: Learning to Detect an Immune Response from T-Cell Sequences
- Andrew Barron, Yale: High-Dimensional Neural Networks: Statistical Information Theory and Computational Properties
- Jorma Rissanen, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
- Petri Myllymäki, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT
- Teemu Roos, University of Helsinki
- Janne Leppä-aho, University of Helsinki