The Sums of Products Research Group
Click the image to view slides that give an idea of the kind of work done in the group!
Non-standard methodsespecially ones involving moderately exponential algorithmsfor evaluating large and structured sums of products have great prospects to significantly advance the state of the art in algorithm theory and computational statistics.
The group's current mission is to implement the vision by studying
- algorithm theory of computing sums of products,
- sums of products in computational statistics,
- applications in science and technology.
- Fast sum-product algorithms for set functions
- Efficient algorithms for structure learning in graphical models
- Bounding by products: global bounds via local views
- Juha Harviainen, research assistant
- Antti Hyttinen, senior researcher
- Mikko Koivisto, group leader
- Jussi Viinikka, doctoral student
- Antti Röyskö, research assistant (2020)
- Topi Talvitie, doctoral student (PhD 2019, co-advisor Valentin Polishchuk)
- Aleksis Vuoksenmaa, research assistant (summer 2018)
- Ralf Eggeling, post-doc (2015 - 2018)
- Sami Salonen, research assistant (summer 2017)
- Kustaa Kangas, doctoral student, post-doc (PhD 2016, co-advisor Matti Järvisalo)
- Teppo Niinimäki, doctoral student, post-doc (PhD 2015)
- Janne Korhonen, doctoral student, post-doc (PhD 2014, co-advisor Petteri Kaski)
- Esther Galbrun, doctoral student (PhD 2014, co-advisor Hannu TT Toivonen)
- Pekka Parviainen, doctoral student, post-doc (PhD 2012)
The recent research is funded mainly by the Academy of Finland (SEA 9/2014-8/2018; ATAC 9/2018-8/2022) and the University of Helsinki (grant of T.T., 1/2016-12/2019).
Last modified Nov 30, 2020.