MSc Thesis Seminar on Bioinformatics
|Mon 16-18||C220||Leena Salmela||03.09.2012-08.10.2012|
|Mon 16-18||C220||Leena Salmela||29.10.2012-03.12.2012|
Information for international students
The seminar is part of the Master's degree in bioinformatics programme (MBI).
If you are not an MBI student, but your thesis topic is/will be in bioinformatics, please contact Leena Salmela for participation in the seminar.
The seminar is given in English.
To book a time for presentation please email the seminar instructor.
If none of the seminar dates suit you or suitable dates are fully booked, please also email the seminar instructor to add a new slot in the calendar.
Completing the course
How to pass the seminar?
Give two talks on your thesis:
- Topic presentation: Around 15 minutes in length, describing the problem domain, thesis topic, methods that will be implemented/used, experiments that are planned, time schedule for the thesis project.
- Thesis presentation: Around 30 minutes in length, presenting the thesis as a whole. The presentation can take place when the experimental part and main part of the writing has completed (does not need to be 'final version').
Attend to at least 12 presentations (including your own) during your MBI studies.
Schedule Autumn 2012
The seminar will convene generally once a month. If needed, additional seminar dates may be added.
Each session can accommodate upto 3 thesis presentations (30 min each), or upto 6 topic presentations (15 min each), or a mix of the two types with total duration of 90 minutes.
- 16:15 Shaman Narayanasamy (thesis presentation)
- 16:45 Muhammed Al-Hello (thesis presentation)
- 16:15 Mohammad Islam (topic presentation)
- 16:30 Ajay Amand Kumar (thesis presentation)
- 17:00 Anna Kuosmanen (topic presentation)
- 16:15 Fitsum Tamene (topic + thesis presentation)