Accompanying persons' tentative program
The program is tentative, and will be decided at the initial
get-together. The costs of the trips are on the participants,
but no additional charges are added.
The given cost for each trip is just an estimate. For example
the price of transport and museum tickets is cheaper if you have
Helsinki City Transport's tourist ticket or
the Helsinki Card.
See also recommendations for pre-conference activities,
and general tourist information about Helsinki.
- Monday, June 28
- Get-together at 10 o'clock at the conference site (Department
of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Teollisuuskatu 23)
in room D413 (speaker room)
- at 14 Helsinki City Sightseeing Tour (ca 1.5 hours)/
Walking tour in the City Center
The ticket for the City Tour is 95 FIM (free with Helsinki Card).
Walking tour with a guiding brochure describing the walk is free.
- 18.30-20.00 University Reception in the University Main
Building, Unioninkatu 34
- Tuesday, June 29
- Trip to Porvoo (10-16.20)
the boat leaves at 10, arrives to Porvoo at 13.20,
sightseeing by walking in Porvoo,
departure by bus from Porvoo 15.20, arrival in Helsinki at 16.20
or both ways by bus (Helsinki 11.30, Porvoo 12.25 and
return trip as above)
There are many nice cafes and restaurants in Porvoo.
The cost for transportation and museums will be about
- 18.00- 19.00 City of Helsinki Reception, Old Court House
- Wednesday, June 30
- Trip to Seurasaari or Suomenlinna (10-14)
Both trips include museum visits. On both islands there are cafes
and restaurants where it is possible to have lunch or snacks.
The cost of the both trips will be about FIM 40-100 depending on
how many museums will be included.
- 18.00-24.00 Cruise and Conference Dinner
- Thursday, July 1
- Trip to Hvittrask (10-15)
There is a cafe restaurant in Hvittrask.
The cost will be about FIM 60.
- 15.00 Close of the Conference
- Friday, July 2
- Cruise to Tallinn, Estonia, and a guided sightseeing.
Check beforehand whether you need a visa!