Hecse - Helsinki Graduate School in Computer Science and Engineering
Admission (general information)
Autumn School 2010
Courses and Events
Student applications 2010
There are usually very few funded positions offered in Hecse's calls.
In the call of 2010, Hecse is offering two (2) funded PhD positions. In addition,
adjunct positions (without funding) may be offered.
- There has been no pre-application phase this year
- Starting 16 August 2010: Applications can be submitted
- 14 September 2010, 3:45pm (EET): Deadline for applications
- 5 November 2010: Notification of accepted applications
Applications can only be submitted by applicants with a committed
supervisor in Hecse. Applications are submitted electronically and
should include the following parts.
In addition, the selected supervisor must submit a recommendation letter. At
most two additional recommendation letters by other researchers may be
- a filled-in application form
- a PhD studies portfolio (in one pdf file, see description in FAQ) including
- a letter of introduction
- a curriculum vitae
- relevant diplomas
- transcripts of studies
- an English language certificate
- a research and study plan for the whole period of PhD studies including
a financing plan
- a publication list with contribution explanations
- copies of at most three publications
Please see the application
FAQ for detailed information.
Steps for submitting an application
- If you do not have a supervisor within Hecse, please see the list of supervisors. It is your responsibility to find a supervisor in your preferred field. Contact the supervisor and ask kindly if she or he would be interested in supervising you through your PhD studies.
- Fill in the application
form and submit it.
- Submit your PhD studies portofolio by using EasyChair.
The portfolio should be in pdf format (one file only).
Note that you must create an EasyChair account to be able to submit your
portfolio. Please follow the instructions on the web page.
When you submit your portfolio, please make sure that you tick the box for being
the corresponding author, enter the title and a short abstract (4 lines) about
your intended PhD research, and add at least two key words referring to your
research. This information will make evaluating the applications easier. Thank
- Ask your supervisor (and also possibly your instructor, if you have one) to submit a recommendation
- Ask at most two other senior researchers to submit recommendations.
Registration if accepted
Accepted applicants must register for PhD studies at the university of their supervisor.
For the registration, certified copies of diplomas must be submitted (translated
into English if they are not in Finnish or
Please see the application
FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or the coordinator directly at
Hecse Coordinator Greger Lindén
Department of Computer Science
P.O.Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b)
FI-00014 University of
This file was last modified on 22 Sep 2010.