Jiaheng Lu's Archived News
Last update: December 2018.
- Congratulate PhD student: Dr. Zhaoan Dong (in Renmin University of China) successfully defend his PhD thesis! Title: A Study of Crowdsourcing-Based
Knowledge Acquisition. (12.12.2018).
- A new Postdoc Researcher Dr. Lizhen Fu joined our research group in Helsinki at 15.11.2018. Welcome Lizhen! (16.11.2018).
- We will give a tutorial on CIKM 2018 for Multi-model Databases and Tightly Integrated Polystores. See Slides, More information. (09.09.2018)
- We published three papers on the vision and benchmark for multi-model databases: Vision 1, Vision 2, Benchmark (05.08.2018).
- A lecture on big data management on 2018 Summer School: Challenges for the XXI century: data, information and communication under the Utrecht Network collaboration. See the exercise questions. (28.06.2018).
- Congratulate my two PhD students (in Renmin University of China) successfully defend their PhD thesis! Juwei Shi: Performance Evaluation, Models and Optimization for Big Data Analytics Platforms. Yu Liu: Structural-Based Approximate Algorithms for Massive Graphs. (18.05.2018).
- One lecture in the EDUFI Winter School in 2018 on "Introduction to Big Data Management". [Talk_slides] [Task] (03.04.2018).
- A new PhD student Gongsheng Yuan joined our research group in Helsinki at 30.10.2017. Welcome Gongsheng! (03.11.2017).
- One invited talk on our current two research projects at Aalto University. See [Presentation_slides] . (22.10.2017).
- We are awarded a new grant on multi-model data management from the Academy of Finland. See abstract. (22.06.2017).
- A new PhD student Yuxing Chen will join our research group in Helsinki at 06.03.2017. Welcome Yuxing! (04.03.2017).
- We will give a new tutorial on multi-model data management in EDBT conference 2017 [PDF][slides] (01.02.2017).
- We are awarded a new grant on heterogenous big data platform by Huawei Company (14.12.2016).
- "Towards Benchmarking Multi-Model Databases" CIDR 2017 [Abstract] (16.10.2016).
- Our group made a poster presentation in Linux Jubilee seminar at the department on 22,August 2016. [Poster] (16.10.2016).
- A new PhD student Chao Zhang will join our research group in Helsinki at 09.09.2016. Welcome Chao! (03.09.2016).
- Prof. Irena Holubova from Charles University in Prague visited our group (June-August, 2016) for the collabration on multi-model databases. Thanks Irena! (03.09.2016).
- We organized a workshop with ICDE 2016 in Helsinki on keyword search and data exploration (20.05.2016).
- We organized the First Europe-China workshop on Big Data Management in the University of Helsinki (16.05.2016).