Information in English at the end of this page.
One student has asked how to do this course in English. Please send me
an email if you do not speak Finnish and want to take the course.
You should have at least following material:
- T. Bolognesi, E. Brinksma, Introduction to the ISO Spesification
Language LOTOS, Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, 14, s. 25-59, 1987.
Lecture notes of an introductory course in formal
specification of computer communication protocols
University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science, D-2003-421.
(You can buy this from yliopistopaino, Exactum, 1st floor)
J. Fernandez, An implementation of an efficient algorithm for
bisimulation equivalence. Science of Computer Programming, 13:219-236,
1989/90 (chapter 4)
Timo Karvi's lecture notes in Finnish. There are examples that you
can look even if you cannot Finnish.
There is more material
- A.W.Roscoe: The Theory and Practice of Concurrency, Prentica-Hall
- S.Schneider: Concurrent and Real-time Systems: the CSP
Approach, Wiley 1998.
- C. A. R. Hoare, Communicating Sequential Processes, Prentice-Hall
- R. Milner, Communication and Concurrency, Prentice-Hall 1989.
- K. Turner (Ed.), Using Formal Description Techniques, Wiley 1993.