- I will continue my academic career as a postdoctoral scholar in the Computer Laboratory in the Cambridge University in the following three years (2015 - 2017). I will be living in the UK for most of the time. Please visit my current personal website at Cambridge --> www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~lw525/
- My doctoral thesis is online [Download PDF]. The public examination was held in Auditorium CK112, Exactum building, Kumpula, Helsinki on March 27th, 2015 at 12 o'clock noon. The opponent was Prof. Antonio Carzaniga and the custos was Prof. Jussi Kangasharju.
- Photos taken in my doctoral defense can be found [HERE]. Photo credit to Petri Kutvonen and Tapani Kuittinen.
Study is really a life-long project. During the years of my university life, I have been taking many courses to make myself versatile in this technology-driven, fast-changing and dynamic world. The list of these courses be found [here].
- Distributed system research, P2P system, Overlay network
- Measurement and evaluation of distributed system
- Design and deploy large-scale experiment on cluster
- Complex system behavior in financial market [SSRN] [VALO]
- SCANDEX: Service Centric Networking for Challenged Decentralised Networks, Mobisys 2015 workshop on DIYNet, 2015 [ pdf ]
- Kvasir - Knowledge ViA Semantic Information Retrieval, WWW'15, Florence, Italy, 2015, [ poster | techreport | website ]
- Optimal Chunking and Partial Caching in Information-Centric Networks, in Journal of Computer Communications, 2015 [ pdf ]
- Enhancing Compact Routing in CCN with Prefix Embedding and Topology-Aware Hashing, ACM MobiCom 2014 workshop on MobiArch 2014, [ pdf | slides ]
- Effects of Cooperation Policy and Network Topology on Performance of In-Network Caching, IEEE Communications Letters 2014, [ pdf ]
- An Agent-Based Model of the Flash Crash of May 6, with Policy Implications [working paper], SSRN 2013, [ pdf | video | website ]
- Measuring Large-Scale Distributed Systems: Case of BitTorrent Mainline DHT, IEEE P2P 2013, [ pdf | slides | website ]
- MobiCCN: Mobility Support with Greedy Routing in Content-Centric Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013, [ pdf | slides ]
- Neighborhood Search and Admission Control in Cooperative Caching Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, [ pdf | slides ]
- Real-World Sybil Attacks in BitTorrent Mainline DHT, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, [ pdf | slides | website ]
Talks & Posters
- Collaborative Caching in Content Networking, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, Dublin, Ireland, 2014, [ slides ]
- Multi-Objective In-Network Caching Strategies, INFOCOM 2013, [ abstract | poster ]
- MobiCCN: Mobility Support with Greedy Routing in Content-Centric Networks, INFOCOM 2013, [ abstract | poster ]
- Cooperation Policies for Efficient In-Network Caching, SIGCOMM 2013, [ abstract | poster ]
- Renewable Energy-Aware Information-Centric Networking, 2014 [ pdf ]
- Measurement Methodology for Information-Centric Systems, 2014, in submission [ pdf ]
- Fair Collaborative In-Network Caching Game and Its Cost Analysis on General Network Topologies, 2014, in submission [ pdf ]
- Inference on BitTorrent Mainline DHT from Network Evolution Time Series, 2014, in submission [ pdf ]
- LiteLab: Efficient Large-scale Network Experiments, 2012, [ pdf | website ]
- Reducing Data Center Energy Use Via Renewable Energy Aware Routing and In-Network Caching, 2011, [ pdf ]
- In-Network Caching vs. Redundancy Elimination, 2011, [ pdf ]
- Experimenting with BitTorrent on a Cluster: A Good or a Bad Idea?, 2011, [ pdf ]
Tools & Soft
- Kvasir, a semantic recommendation system.
- Panns, Python Approximate Nearest Neighbor Search in high-dimension space with optimized indexing. [Website] [Github]
- BitTorrent Mainline DHT project, tools and datasets for monitoring and analyzing MLDHT system.
- Litelab, a light-weight experiment platform for large-scale network experiments.
- Ukko cluster monitor, a tool for monitoring nodes' load in the cluster.
- BitTorrent Experiments on Ukko cluster, a set of tools for performing large-scale BitTorrent experiments on cluster.
- BitTorrent Portal monitor
- Web chair of SIGCOMM 2012
Last updated on 14.02.2015